Miyerkules, Pebrero 11, 2015

Now I know what John 3:16 means!

I heard a lot of news these days about killing and terrorism and blaming religion. I can't take it seriously! Just the thought of killing a person or suicide for such a cause is unacceptable. Wait a minute! Yes a cause, these people killing other people has cause and it made me think of something. What is my cause? Is worth it like these guys' belief system?

Pretty sure Jesus died on the cross to pay the price of sin for all humanity that's the Bible says. I believe in Jesus and I personally experience His divine love for me and it caused me to share it to others too. My life before was pretty messy and I'm not proud of it. But the love of God transformed me and everyday is a process of getting to know Christ more in my life. Religion banished from my heart and mind. His love means more than anything to me and Jesus said to do everything in love. We are not called to condemn but to love people, even these people don't deserve to be loved. All because that's what Jesus did for the world.

Knowing this, I asked God how could he love those who kill innocent people? How could he love those terrorist? How could he extend his divine love to those who don't believe in Him?
I reflected and see myself. I'm just like those bunch of guys who killed thousands. We have one thing in common, we're both sinners bound to eternal death and sufferings. But one thing changed the course of my destiny, it's Jesus' love, grace and mercy.

His love for all people is immeasurable, even though it seemed unfair in my sight that Jesus loves those killers too and He died for them and wanted them to receive eternal life. Now I truly understand what John 3:16 means:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." 

It's His eternal love for everyone who really don't deserve His love and forgiveness. It's for the doomed and condemned; sick and nasty people; ingrate and undeserving human being. It's for the rejected and lonely; for the slaves and bound in chains. His love is for the worst people breathing in the surface of the earth.

I can't help it but to cry to grasp a glimpse of God's great love. It is grand, enormous and eternal!

0 comments:

Mag-post ng isang Komento