Huwebes, Mayo 7, 2015

Random question that made my brother mad

I just got home from a tiring day at work. I immediately put the cake I bought for mom in ther fridge and headed back where my two brothers laid down, resting and getting ready for bed.

I approached my brother, Yanyan and asked how his day was. His answer seemed to be not exciting as he was before. Maybe nothing much happened today. Then I told him random stories that would make him appreciate Mommy, because this coming Sunday is Mother's day celebration.

I told him that I ordered a bouquet of flowers for mommy to surprise her on Mother's day. It's going to be special because it will be delivered during Sunday service at church. Then I told him a story about my friend's mom who is currently battling against stage four cancer. I told him that in order to gain long life, the Bible says love, honor and obey your parents. Furthermore, I added that life is so short, therefore we should appreciate our loved ones and make them feel that they matters to us. Then, I randomly asked him a question.



What if you die tomorrow?


I stopped and think for a second to finished my question but my brother seemed not that interested anymore. I told him, "uyy yan, wag mo akong tulugan." Then he stared mad at me like I did said something that offended him.



I was about to say, "what if u die tomorrow, what will u do tonight to spend the last days of your life?"

He told me, "ano ba naman yang tanong mo!!" in an angry tone.

I talked back and said, "why? Is something wrong? Every body will die too in their respective time. It's not something that should surprise you. It's natural and inevitable."


Then I reflected. Maybe death causes fear to many. Death causes pain to the left loved ones. Death is not something that is easily talked about. Death is grief and sorrow. An death is ultimately worse if you die twice- earthly death and spiritual death. A scripture was reminded to me as I reflected on what happened between Christian and I. Here in Matthew 16:

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul? (Matthew 16:24-26 NLT)


God bless everyone!! ❤️💋

0 comments:

Mag-post ng isang Komento