Biyernes, Nobyembre 6, 2015

3 Little Things


I was on my way home last night. I rode the bus and felt the coldness of the night. I plugged in my earphones and started playing the new songs I had on my playlist.

I was on my downfall yesterday, not so good  at all. When the music cued in, my mood changed. I felt like I was transported into another place. I felt like it was summer. The sun was scorching high yet the breeze is cold. I am resting under the palm tree peacefully while watching the waves kissing the shore back and forth. It was relaxing.

The song mentions three things- little things to do when life falls apart. I love how the songwriter expresses the truths in this song:


1. I cry my eyes and I dry up my heart.

In my darkest times, this is what I do. Releasing the agony within helps me to relax and to think straight again. Draining the hype of my emotions helps me to be empty and what's good about it is that I can be filled again. Emptiness is the key to being filled again with all things good.



2. I Pray and give thanks



1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 says "Pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

Uttering a prayer to God with a thanksgiving release my heart from being a prisoner of a bad day. It is really effective. I think Apostle Paul knew about it. We can always thank God for the life that we have, no matter how bad it was still there is something to be thankful for.

3. Pause. Take a breath and bow... let the chapter end.

Call it a day. I'd like to take the exact lyrics of the song for point number three:
"I design my future bright not by where my life has been and I try try try try try, again. Yes, I try try try try try again. "

How about you? What are the 3 things you learn today? :)

0 comments:

Mag-post ng isang Komento