Miyerkules, Hulyo 20, 2016

Brokenness is a blessing

July 19th, Tuesday. I was on my way to the office, commuting as I usually do with my earphones plugged enjoying my jam while hitting the road to Philcoa. As we reached the place to drop off commuters, I immediately step my foot on the jeepney stair (if that's how it is called in english or better say apakan ng jeep). The next thing I know was, I fell off and hit the ground with my right foot twisted. I tried to get up, but it was so painful. All I was saying was, "Ang sakit!!" I forgot about the guy who slipped his umbrella that caused me to slip and fell. All I hear was "sorry miss" but he was too naive helping me get off my feet. After a few seconds, he came back and helped me get up but he did not say anything at all. I was blanked too. I felt the pain so much and I cannot walk straight. I called the taxi because it is really impossible to reach the office by walking  to MRT. 

So I went to office thinking that the pain will go away but it really hurts, so I called help from my good friend, Chico. He assisted me all the way to the clinic near our office. The doctor checked if I could move my toes and gladly, I could. He immediately applied first aid by pressing ice to my swelling foot then asked to get x-ray test. Thank God that I only got sprain and there was no fracture in the bones. The doctor asked me to get some rest and avoid walking for 2-3 days and take meds to ease the pain and heal my sprain foot.

I needed to go home to get rest because it was really painful so I waited for my brother to get me from the office. While on the road, I can't believe that I had a minor accident from that simple situation. I can't walk and even if I tried, pain is killing me. It is 8/10 pain. I wonder why it is so painful regardless that I don't have any bone fractured. One thing I am sure of is that all things work together for good.

ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD
ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD
ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD
ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD
ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD
ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD



My sprain, perhaps broken foot allows me to get rest from work. It allows me to spend quality time praying, reflecting and meditating straight from the word of God. It allows me to spend more time talking to my Mom and Dad. God knows I really needed this. God allowed this to happen so he could get my attention. This sprain is a blessing, a redirection, an irresistible call. I thought this is bad, but it turned out this is the situation I really needed most.

0 comments:

Mag-post ng isang Komento