Sabado, Agosto 13, 2016

My thoughts about work

In my country, people normally work 8 hours a day, 5 days in a week. The higher positions require more than 8 hours and extends their work at home. (I salute them)

In 2014, I finished college and after 3 weeks, got my first job which lasted in 3 months. I see people waking up as early as 3 am, hitting the road at 5 am so they could reach the office before 8. Manila traffic makes daily working life worst. I saw people busy walking like robots -most were exhausted, some were wasted-looking. Coffee shop becomes a sudden gasoline station, it fuels people's body with caffeine and brand labels which soon be posted in their facebook and instagram.

I asked myself "how can I accept this for the rest of my life?" If it doesn't sink yet, I'LL  BE LIVING FOR THE NEXT DAYS OF MY EXISTENCE IN THIS WORLD, WORKING!

So, some would advice what Confucius said:
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Sounds simple, right? Well, easier said than done. What do you love doing? Dancing, watching, painting, singing, talking, writing, listening, solving, teaching, preaching, fishing, farming, gardening, selling, calculating, advertising, criticizing, thinking, agonizing, patronizing, coding, travelling, blogging, selfie-ing, managing... dreaming...nothing- perhaps doing nothing?

To choose a job you love is not just a glimpse of good feeling- a euphoria that makes you excited to wake up in the morning to work. It's a daily decision to love what you are doing. It's a choice to keep going. I guess, you got to find a satisfying reason that will keep you on track. Confucius statement is not like, choose a job you love and live happily ever after. That is fairy tale, dude!


There will be days when you won't feel anything at all. The sky is gloomy, the rain falls. The coffee taste less bitter, less sweeter, less creamier. Work is work and you won't recognize that you were immune, too numb to feel anything. You simple exist to work. When this time comes, take a break. Think. Find the love that was lost, drained by work. Leave what drained you. Plug in to the source of love and passion. Have faith and be restored.

Whenever I lose track, I always get myself reminded of Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord and not for men.

At the end of the day, all I wanted is to give glory to my life giver.

0 comments:

Mag-post ng isang Komento