Linggo, Hunyo 11, 2017

I'm not going to marry

I'm not marrying anyone at this point of time. I do have a boyfriend and I pray that we are heading towards marriage, but not too soon, not now.

Is it because I'm unsure of him? No. Surely, he has been everything I wanted to grow old with for the rest of my entire life.

Is it because we're not financially capable yet? No. We are capable. But we wanted better lives for each other instead of settling down for what we currently have.

Is it because we're immature? No. As we progress, God brings out the maturity we need for each season. He has his battles and I have mine. We draw strength in the Lord. He forms our character, we grow in maturity and more so when we settle down.

Is it because we're not ready yet? No. This relationship prepares us for lifetime commitment. When I said yes to my boyfriend, I also said yes to God- to love this person unconditionally and to love him the way Jesus loves me. It's not an easy thing to do, but it makes us ready to accept each other for who we are. Set aside the romantic vibes, for everyday is a decision to be committed in this relationship no matter what.

Is it because of the time? Yes. It's not yet the time. In due time, I believe that God would give his signal when to settle down. This season is the best time to serve God fully, to be all out and to maximize both our season for His glory. We don't want to get ahead of ourselves. There are more tasks to do and we don't want to miss it.

What made me write about this? It's because one of our young people at church ask us both, "ate, kuya minsan ko lang kayo makita magkasama tas di pa kayo magkatabi"

The boyfriend replied, "we're not the typical type of couple..."

I would agree. We're not the typical type of romantic boyfriend and girlfriend who says sweet words at each other. We're not the 24/7  calling, texting and seeing each other. We're not going out of days like most couples do, we seldom do it. We're not public display of affection type, to be honest, we haven't even kissed yet. (Seriously? Yes, seriously) We're just guarding ourselves. I believe it's worth saving and it has its perfect season to be clingy and to be physically attached. (Extreme? Yes u can call that, but if it honors God, why not- right?)

I realize that we're kinda unique. Our ways of expressing love and concern to one another is not as the same as everyone. As a woman, I battled against comparison of the why's and the what if's of being in relationship. I dream of having someone who is clingy and sweet but that's not actually what I needed
 When I gave God the pen to write my lobe story, I did not expect it to be like this. It's not sweet, nor bitter. It's pretty much the reality of loving someone the way Jesus loves me- without condition. I learned my boyfriend's way of expressing his love language. Truly, we are completely opposite yet we compliment each other.

I am not a perfect partner. I have short comings and failures but I thank God for sustaining me. This is a cord of three. God is in the middle. At most times I would rant to God about my relationship and how I struggle but the more I pray, the more God showed me his unrelenting love. I did not expect to discover that in such a manner.

God design marriage, he is the author of it. God created woman to be man's suitable helper. Jesus commanded the woman to submit to his husband and the man to love his wife just as Christ love the Church.

I gave a word to my boyfriend in our current season. It is "right now, do what we ought to do for the glory of God,  we have the rest of our lives to be together."


I pray that God would sustain our relationship. Less drama and more of Him. Less of ourselves and more of God.

1 komento:

  1. Such a wonderful relationship you have there, Eunice! May God bless your relationship even more:*

    TumugonBurahin